Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I've been everywhere, man...

Well, I am a very tired girl... so, I am going to try to keep this brief.  I just returned from a wedding weekend in Dalton, GA for my dear friend, Cabray, then headed northeast to Winston-Salem!  Tomorrow, I will hop back in the car for Perdido Key and then back to wedding #4 of the season in Opelika, AL.  However, my mind is so warped at this point that when I experience things, I think... this will make a good blog moment.  Terrible, I know.  So, I have been dying to share these pictures with ya'll.

I will give you a brief update, a verse, and a song, sound good?

The Lord has blessed me beyond measure to have the opportunity to minister alongside Kevin Teasley at Wake Forest University.  I am overwhelmed by the Lord's goodness, grace, and faithfulness... maybe that was redundant, but I could not say enough words describe His love.  

(A side note... I am definitely still in the process of raising support and watching the Lord provide.  I am currently around about 45%.  Continue to prayerfully consider contributing to this ministry that the Lord has called me to partake in.)

My dear friend, Amy Farnsworth, joined me on this excursion.  It took us a while to get to Winston-Salem after a key incident and terrible traffic right outside of Asheville, NC.  But, finally... we made it to the land of Wake Forest University.  We drove straight to Redeemer Presbyterian in Ardmore where I was reminded of this story for, oh, maybe the 100th time.
"Then the LORD said to Joshua, "See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men."... So the LORD was with Joshua, and his fame spread throughout the land."- Joshua 6:2,27
I am never ceasing to learn about God's promises and faithfulness through the Israelites.
I met my wonderful roommate for next year and a dear, sweet WFU RUF alumni.  Then... tadada... I met Kevin and Rosie Teasley.  I couldn't be more blessed by an RUF minister and his wife.  We had dinner at lovely place called Village Tavern.  The next day we toured every inch of campus... I adore this place and these people.  Here are pictures.

A beautiful bed and breakfast where Oprah hosted a celebration for Maya Angelou's 80th birthday, I believe. (Not actually on campus)
Teasley!!
Inside Wait Chapel.
Outside Wait Chapel.
Student Union, I believe.  (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Where RUF meets... but possibly in the works for a new location.
We ate at the top of the football stadium where they have recently built a restaurant.
The fabulous Kevin and Rosie Teasley.

demon deacon
Ames and I decided to explore Old Salem... where the Moravian culture lives.
It was overall an absolutely splendid visit.  God continually confirms this is where He would like to use a weak, empty vessel like myself to feebly speak the Gospel through.  My heart is already aching to get to know these students.
I was so thankful to be reminded of this verse tonight...
"For we do not present our pleas before you because of our righteousness, but because of your great mercy.  O Lord hear, O Lord forgive... O my God... Delay not, because your city and your people are called by Your name." - Daniel 9:18-19


"Hidden in the hollow of His blessed hand,
Never foe can follow, never traitor stand;
Not a surge of worry, not a shade of care,
Not a blast of hurry can touch the spirit there.
Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blessed
Find in You perfect peace and rest
Every joy and testing comes from God above
Given to His children as an act of love
We may trust Him fully all for us to do
Those who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true."
- "Like a River Glorious", Travis Taylor & Frances Havergal

2 comments:

  1. beautiful campus. I am a little bit jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will love Winston Salem. There are so many opportunities to witness. Make sure you go to Renynolda Gardens just down the road!

    ReplyDelete